Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tension

Tonight is the night we break Edgar. Enough is enough. No 10 month old baby needs to drink 4 bottles during the night, especially one with 95th percentile thighs. He's stuffed full of solids, we've got a night nurse on board and this blog has some narrative tension. Will he or won't he? For how many hours will he scream? Controlled crying? I am under no illusions that crying is ever controlled. I am also under no illusions that Edgar has a system which has suited him very well and it goes like this: I scream, Mum comes running, Mum gives me a bottle, I go back to sleep until I wake, I scream, Mum comes running, Mum gives me a bottle, I go back to sleep until I wake...
The tension is mounting. I have ear plugs and I'm having a glass of wine and if that fails, Valium. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment